We’re fast approaching the end of the year, which for many, can be a time when we experience a rise in our weight. With so much to do in a day, it’s hard to squeeze in time for fitness and self-care. But if you happen to live or work around Orchard Road, you’re in luck. The Orchard Road Business Association wants you to take the first step to a fitter and healthier lifestyle. With free fitness workouts, free health screenings, and free lunchtime talks (with lunch provided), you can “Work Great on A Great Street”. This programme runs through the end of the year.
Free Health Screenings
This basic health check-up includes the following (fasting is required for at least 8 hours prior to the blood test):
1. Body Mass Index (BMI)
2. Fasting venous lipid profile
3. Blood pressure measurement
4. Fasting venous blood glucose test
5. Waist circumference
Sign up online for after-work/weekend Zumba, Yoga, Pilates, Pound, Circuit Training, K-Kardio, and much more. The workouts are all led by instructors from fitness partners, such as Fitness First, TripleFit, and Yoga Bar. Slots are limited. You are encouraged to bring bottled water and a towel. For Yoga/Pilates sessions, you will also need to bring your own mat.
Free Talks & Workshops
Tired of counting your calories and deciding what you should eat? Are you causing unnecessary sugar spikes in your body? What hawker foods have the most sodium? How much should you exercise or sleep? How many Singaporeans have cardiovascular disease? These are just some of the topics covered in the free talks and workshops. If these talks are during the lunch hour, you’ll even get free lunch!
To top it all off, you also can win or earn prizes in 2 ways:
1. Post a public photo of yourself and your colleagues at any of the “Work Great on A Great Street” events to your Facebook or Instagram and hashtag #WorkGreatonAGreatStreet to stand a chance to win biweekly prizes.
2. Sign up and attend any 5 of the “Work Great on A Great Street” events to receive a free gift. This means you will have to sign in each time you participate.
How to Sign Up
To sign up for any of the events, visit http://workgreat.orchardroad.org. Create a user account. Then log in and book your session. It’s that easy!